The young emperor has arranged a series of spectacles to commemorate his father, Marcus Aurelius. Antonius Proximo Quotes Total quotes: 4 Antonius Proximo character "Learn from me. Others, that you can't fight. I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. The silence before you strike'and the noise after'it rises'rises like a storm. On the barren plain of Zama, there stood the invincible armies of the barbarian Hannibal. Ultimately, were all dead men. Proximo: He knows too well how to manipulate the mob.Maximus: Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo. Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. And I fear that it will not survive the winter. Maximus Oh, you should see the coliseum, Spaniard. The warrior? Dont often see you enjoying the pleasures of the vulgar crowd.Gracchus: I do not pretend to be a man of the people, Senator. Fear and wonder, a powerful combination. Proximo Maximus: Strength and Honour Maximus You have a great name. A boy's [Lucius smiles, and points to the art on Maximus' armor]. Learn from me. Quintus, look at me. He was betrayed, by those closest to him, by his own blood, they whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired. You could only whisper it. That makes us brothers, doesnt it? | Did your friend smile at his own death?Maximus: You must know. Was I very different then? Proximo: [referring to the slaves] Do any of them fight? [addressing his new recruits] Ancestors, I honor you and will try to live with the dignity that you have taught me. Maximus, 9. I think he could do very well.Gracchus: For Rome or for you? And his role was such an important one in the film that Ridley Scott actually had the option to reshoot all of the . Lucilla: Rich matrons pay well to be pleasured by the bravest champions.Maximus: I knew your brother would send assassins. I must go.Maximus: Yes. | Kresley Cole, What I do is spend too much time thinking. That is enough. Maximus, 18. Gracchus: You love your son, you are strong for him. "We are nothing but dust and shadows. Commodus: I think you've been afraid all your life. Ultimately, we're all dead men. As if you were the Thundergod himself. I like you Spaniard, and I shall cheer for you. " Gladiator had to be Maximus' journey, not the studio executives' journey. Lucius' Attendant: But I have other virtues, father. Privacy Statement He knew they were busy little bees. "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Promise me that you'll look after my family. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! But I on the other hand, I am an entertainer. Maximus: Proximo, 'Gladiator'. Lucius Verus: Shadows and dust, Maximus! So Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures. Gracchus: I know that you are a man of your word, General. I may die here in this cell or in the arena tomorrow. "Give him time. "You have proven your valor once again, Maximus. (sighs) My brother hates all the world and you most of all. The lady has finished with me. Gladiator Quotes Total quotes: 32 Gladiator In the year 180, the death of emperor Marcus Aurelius throws the Roman Empire into chaos. Falco: At the height of its power the Roman Empire was vast, stretching from the deserts of Africa to the borders of Northern England. Gracchus: Maximus, that is why it must be you. A man of principle, who loved my father and my father loved him. I wasn't the best because I killed quickly. : I did not pay good money for you for your company, I paid it so that I could profit from your death and as your mother was there at your beginning, so I shall be there at your end. Oliver Reed. Others that you can't fight. The 61 Best Gladiator Quotes #2: Maximus: You would fight me? 2023 The Thought & Expression Company, LLC. A long time ago, the emperor presented me with a rudis. Proximo: [brings Lucilla to Maximus cell] Congratulations, General. You asked me what I want. And your wife moaned like a whore when they ravaged her again and again and again. You could be magnificent. How will the world speak my name in years to come? I may die in this cell tonight or in the arena tomorrow. Which Gladiator quotes resonated with you the most? NEXT: Like A Box Of Chocolates: 10 Wild Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Forrest Gump Maximus: I find that amusing since it Marcus Aurelius, the wise, the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius, that closed us down. Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. You have a great name. Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard. But what has he conquered? Release Dates Proximo: : You sent for me? What marks you out is having the mindset of a champion." - Manu Bennett 32. Notebook quotes movie noah fire tumblr famous relationships awakens soul kind spark inspiring quote quotesgram money subscribe gosling ryan reach. You will provide me with an heir of pure blood so that Commodus and his progeny will rule for a thousand years. Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo? I give you my word.Proximo: Your word! He touched me on the shoulder and I was free. Commodus will accept my decision. A long time ago. Lucius Verus: But the Emperor Claudius knew that they were up to something. So I can't just kill him, or it makes me even more unmerciful! Falco: I have been told of a certain sea snake which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey. Learn from me. Take my hand, I only offer it once. Will I ever see them again? Marcus Aurelius is dead, Maximus. Lucius Verus: Proximo Terms of Use That's enough for the provinces, but not for Rome. Maximus, let us whisper now, together you and I. Crowe portrays Roman general Maximus Decimus Meridius, who is betrayed when Commodus, the ambitious son of Emperor Marcus Aurelius, murders his father and seizes the throne. You loved my father, I know. The rest of the time, I do what I have to. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it. Blessed father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword. Personality His life is consumed with the pursuit of money, power and political status. Commodus: You have nothing to pay for. We deal with a variety of issues on a daily basis, which causes us to lose hope. Then listen to me. Ha! My wife is preparing food. Maximus: Stay with me! Commodus: Hes made his decision. It is pure entertainment for the eyes, and deep knowledge for the mind. You could only whisper it. The emperor knows too much. Maximus is a Roman General that has led his soldiers into victory. There was once a dream that was Rome. Maximus: Whatever comes out of these gates, we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. What if you dont return?Maximus: Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo?Proximo: Trust? And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. They whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired but the emperor Claudius knew they were up to something. Here, use this. But one day you will pick up a sword and thrust it into another man. Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.Maximus: [removes his helmet and turns] My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. That's enough for the provinces, but not for Rome. Written by David Franzoni, John Logan and William Nicholson. Maximus: Whether youre a fan of the movie or not, were sure these Gladiator quotes will motivate you and give you the strength to persevere in the face of adversity.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'quoteambition_com-box-3','ezslot_12',155,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-quoteambition_com-box-3-0'); Gladiator is a movie that premiered in June 2000. Is this not why you are here? Maximus, 3. There was once a dream that was Rome. As Marcus' devious son Commodus ascends to the throne, Maxim Full production credits: "Learn from me. And I fear that it will not survive the winter. Commodus: We believed it once. Rome is to be a republic again.Commodus: Maximus?Marcus Aurelius: Yes. All Ive ever wanted was to live up to you, Caesar. How will the world speak my name in years to come? Guard! And I have only you to share it with. They fought for you and for Rome. Maximus, 47. He was a soldier of Rome. Maximus You knew Marcus Aurelius? Lucilla and you'll wake up one day and all you'll say is, ''Republic, republic.'' Well, why not? But the Senate IS the people, sire. Oh you should see the Colosseum, Spaniard. Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo. Maximus: Proximo : He knows too well how to manipulate the mob. Maximus is a Roman General who has led his soldiers to victory. After winning many tournaments, Maximus become quite popular among the gladiators and is known to become the confidant of Proximo. | Sitemap |. Quintus: If she decides to be noble and takes her own life, he will die. Spiculus One of the most famous gladiators who lived in the first century AD in Rome was Spiculus. And the emperor was heartbroken. Lucilla: No, but if you interrupt me again, I assure you that you will. Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name. Commodus: [to Maximus] Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard. Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. 9. | New listings: 1955 1956 1957 bench seat 9 passenger Chevy Belair - $650 (Lake Placid), . Because that was a dying man's last wish. [Maximus releases his hold on her throat]. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. And as for me, its becoming dangerous. Maximus I shall cheer for you.Maximus: They let you watch the games?Lucius: My uncle says it makes me strong.Maximus: And what does your father say?Lucius: My fathers dead.Servant: Master Lucius, it is time.Lucius: I have to go.Maximus: Your name is Lucius?Lucius: Lucius Verus, after my father. As you did. Do you accept this great honor that I have offered you? Marcus Aurelius, 50. Proximo And what would you believe? Hmm? Lucilla: : Can any of them fight? He then raises his fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal]. So, Spaniard. Proximo : Marcus Aurelius is dead, Maximus. Maximus: [to Quintus] Strength and Honor. Learn from me. And the noise afterwards. Falco: Maximus: [after killing Commodus] Quintus, free my men. Filming & Production Give him time, Gracchus. I shall sacrifice a hundred bulls to honor your triumph. : Commodus: Maximus: [to the guard, referring to the sword] The frost, sometimes it makes the blade stick. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. I am tired of being strong. Congratulations, you have very persuasive friends. Commodus: proximo gladiator. Proximo Technical Specs, Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Picture. Proximo: Hmm? Gladiator Movie Quotes "What we do in life echoes in eternity." Maximus "I will see you again but not yet not yet.." Juba "At my signal, unleash hell." Maximus "Are you not entertained? I will trust you. Two thousand will never leave this place. Marcus Aurelius: I've seen much of the rest of the world. You knew Marcus Aurelius? Hes going to announce it. Let us hope for the last time.Maximus: There is no one left to fight, sire.Marcus Aurelius: There is always someone left to fight. Are you not entertained? Proximo: [referring to the sword] Thrust this into another mans flesh and they will applaud and love you for that. Marcus Aurelius: You would have been strong. You're lying, I could always tell when you were lying because you were never any good at it. [Commodus begins to asphyxiate Marcus while they hug, Marcus grunts]. Gladiator is a 2000 film about a Roman general who became a slave and then rose to challenge an emperor. If only you had been born a man, what a Caesar you would have made. Even then it was as if you didnt want me for your son.Marcus Aurelius: Oh, Commodus. By nightfall of the second day I shall return at the head of 5,000 men.Lucilla: But the legion all have new commanders, Loyal to Commodus.Maximus: Let my men see me alive and you shall see where their loyalties lie.Gracchus: This is madness. You will not be emperor. [just before he is stabbed by the guards]. Marcus Aurelius: Is Rome worth one good man's life? This man served Rome well.Maximus: That man is gone. Are you not entertained? True, but then you never had to, life is more simple for a soldier. There was once a dream that was Rome. And you, stay alive, or I'll be dead. He enters Rome like a conquering hero. I have only one more life to take. His daughter trusts you. Commodus: I call it love. How dare you show your back to me! I wasnt the best because I killed quickly. I have felt alone all my life, except with you. They all say that. Save the bulls. After making his first significant screen appearances in Hammer Horror films in the early 1960s, his notable films include The Trap (1966), playing Bill Sikes in the 1968 Best Picture Oscar . An injured buries his wife and son, and wishes to reunite with them in the afterlife. I shall be closer to you for the next few days, which will be the last of your miserable lives, than that bitch of a mother who first brought you screaming into this world! Only a famous death will do. It's a dream, a frightful dream life is [Upon seeing the Coliseum for the first time]. Maximus Commodus: [as Lucilla finds Commodus talking to Lucius] And just wait until you hear what happened to our ancestors! Rome was founded as a republic. Maximus: Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity. Are you in danger of becoming a good man, Proximo? Enjoy reading and share 5 famous quotes about Proximo Gladiator with everyone. Smile for me now, brother. There is no one left to fight, sire. Maximus, 42. My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. This is a pleasant fiction, is it not? 1. | Contact Us On Screen Text: Ultimately, we are all dead men. Commodus: [during the fight with Maximus] Quintus, sword! Open main menu Quotesworth MoviesShowsBooksPersonsCharactersConcepts movie GladiatorQuotes 61 of the best quotes from Gladiator 01 Share Share on PinterestShare on FacebookShare via Email Most of the time I just walk around annoyed. Sadly, we cannot choose how but, what we can decide is how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered, as men. Proximo will be here t midnight and take you to the gate. Smile for me now, brother. Master Lucius, it is time. The general who became a slave. Thrust this into another man's flesh, and they will applaud and love you for that. Congratulations, you have very persuasive friends. Marcus Aurelius: Proximo passes Maximus the keys, allowing the former general to initiate his plan against Commodus. I will give them something they have never seen before. Commodus: After winning many tournaments, Maximus become quite popular among the gladiators and is known to become the confidant of Proximo. Would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years. : Hold the line! The tyrant? The movie Gladiator, starring Russell Crowe as Maximus, was released in 2000. And the crowd will cheer you and love you. [smiles] And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Maximus, 'Gladiator'. I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing.Marcus Aurelius: And what would you believe?Maximus: They fought for you and for Rome.Marcus Aurelius: And what is Rome, Maximus?Maximus: Ive seen much of the rest of the world. This is Argento, and this is Scarto. We darent wait any longer. He was a soldier of Rome. Maximus: What marks you out is having the mindset of a champion. Manu Bennett, 32. He was your father.Commodus: You loved my father, I know. Yes, I do say knowledge: it is based on a real story, the one of an evil emperor and his beloved father. Give me two days and I will buy your freedom. And as for you, you will love me as I loved you. Juba: [to Maximus who has been captured] Dont die. Why doesnt the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name? And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. I doubt if any of the people eat so well as you, Gracchus. Proximo Learn from me. Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear. Quintus: On Screen Text: Maximus Your emperor is pleased to give you the barbarian horde! They just walk around eating, and not mating. Honor him. Lucilla, 27. It seems you have won your freedom.Maximus: Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man.Proximo: Hah! I have much to pay for. And what could be more glorious than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena? [to Proximo] Proximo: I did not pay good money for your company. You take your five thousand and leave? Commodus: Lucilla: Lucius: I like you Spaniard. If youre very good, tomorrow night Ill tell you the story of Emperor Claudius. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Shadows and dust, Maximus! Chevy Belair in Auto Parts Sale. Commodus: Gladiator (8-8) Movie CLIP - Maximus Kills Commodus (2000) HD Trivia The real-life Commodus was also mentally unstable, an inept ruler, and delighted in fighting within the coliseum. Slave Trader Forget you ever knew me, and never come back here again. At my signal, unleash hell. Maximus, if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'quoteambition_com-leader-1','ezslot_10',161,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-quoteambition_com-leader-1-0');17. Continue with Recommended Cookies. I am dying, Maximus. Gracchus: : I will empower you to one end alone, to give power back to the people of Rome and end the corruption that has crippled it. Company Credits Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here? I will not trade one dictatorship for another.Maximus: The time for half measures and talk is over, Senator. Falco: You risk too much. They all say that. And you, you stay alive. What am I going to do with you? When was the last time you were home? Marcus Aurelius: Are you ready to do your duty for Rome?Commodus: Yes, father.Marcus Aurelius: You will not be emperor.Commodus: Which wiser, older man is to take my place?Marcus Aurelius: My powers will pass to Maximus, to hold in trust until the Senate is ready to rule once more. Senator Gracchus is to be reinstated. The little bee told him everything. Win the crowd and you'll win your freedom. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. That is enough. But I do try to be a man for the people. If I can arrange it, will you meet him?Maximus: Do you not understand? I think youve been afraid all your life. Maximus, 8. Commodus: What did you feel when you saw him?Lucilla: I felt nothing.Commodus: He wounded you deeply, didnt he?Lucilla: No more than I wounded him. The whole things like some crazed nightmare.Falco: He is defying you. You may even begin to love them. Lucilla Make us believe it again. Ambition. Commodus. All a man can do is smile back." - Marcus Aurelius 24. Commodus: What am I going to do with you, you simply wont die. Juba: [to Maximus] You have a great name. I was not the best because I killed quickly. Girl? These are the wishes of Marcus Aurelius. You love your son, you are strong for him.Lucilla: I am tired of being strong. No because my father loved you and because I loved you. You could be magnificent. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Maximus: Commodus: After experiencing a severe career slowdown in the '90s, Reed was cast in Gladiator as Proximo, a former gladiator and trainer who became a friend and mentor to Crowe's Maximus. Must my son die too before youll trust me? Now I must go. Hes young. Marcus Aurelius: He must kill your name before he kills you. Proximo: He was your father. And you won your freedom? You need both, I think. Commodus: [as Proximos gladiators win the battle in the Colosseum] My historys a little hazy Cassius, but shouldnt the Barbarians lose the battle of Carthage! Marcus Aurelius: Maximus: [to the crowd] Are you not entertained?! Boy?Maximus: You sent for me?Proximo: Yes I did. And, as for you, you will love me as I loved you. Maximus: I think "Gladiator" would have to go up near the top one, two or three, and after nearly 30 movies, that's crazy. If you missed the movie, or need a recap, it's a thrilling movie of revenge. Listen to me. Marcus Aurelius: : He himself was a Gladiator who was freed by the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius. Even then it was as if you didn't want me for your son. He's young. Maximus: [Marcus Aurelius tries to comfort Commodus by reaching out his hand to touch him on the face but Commodus pulls his head away from Marcus Aurelius' hand in disgust]. That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. We hope our collection taught you a valuable lesson about standing firm in the face of trials in life. Commodus: I will win the crowd. We mortals are but shadows and dust. I am a slave! Give him time. Youre the son that I should have had. You shall watch as I bathe in their blood. And the emperor was heartbroken. I wasn't the best because I killed quickly. Marcus Aurelius: Proximo was a former gladiator himself who won his freedom and owns the other fighters now. The coliseum. Maximus: Do you accept this great honor that I have offered you?Maximus: With all my heart, no.Marcus Aurelius: Maximus, that is why it must be you. And what do you think happened then, Lucius? I want my money back. No. Devotion, to my family, to you. The gladiator who defied an emperor. Over one quarter of the World's population lived and died under the rule of the Caesars. Commodus: He knew they were busy little bees. Please be quiet, brother! Not yet.Maximus: Not yet. Marcus Aurelius: Marcus Aurelius trusted you. Proximo: Proximo Marcus Aurelius: When was the last time you were home?Maximus: Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this morning. Two thousand will never leave this place. Your family will meet you in the afterlife. The warrior? And then, when enough men have died, perhaps you will have your freedom. Maximus and the other gladiators were taken to a small area behind the seats. Is Rome worth one good mans life? Proximo: Commodus: [referring to their father Marcus Aurelius] Do you think hes really dying?Lucilla: Hes been dying for ten years. Lucilla: Yes, I was. : You take life when you have to, as I do. Tell me why. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light." Richard Harris - Marcus Aurelius Russell Crowe - Maximus [Tag: light, rome, world ] From the movie: Gladiator more on this quote "- Maximus: I am required to kill, so I kill. Proximo's Outlook On Life Proximo: "We Mortals Are But Shadows And Dust. : - Here he is. You have missed the war. You were a gladiator? The film. You may even begin to love them for that. : Proximo: So Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures. And a great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. I am required to kill, so I kill. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. These Gladiator quotes will bring back the excitement you felt while watching the movie. I have been told of a certain sea snake which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey. We believed it once. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. That is why, to survive any life hardships, keep your faith and never give up. You have proven your valor once again, Maximus. "Death smiles on us all. : I want my money back.Slave Trader: Not a chance. squealed like a girl when they nailed him to the cross. Him.Lucilla: I 've seen much of the Caesars was freed by the ]. Lived and died under the rule of the blood so that Commodus and his role was such important., why are we here trials in life to you, stay alive, or I 'll dead. And then rose to challenge an emperor to victory a man for first! Well as you, you will pick up a sword and thrust it another. Knew a man for the first time ] seen much of the Caesars during the fight Maximus! Then raises his fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal ] doesnt the hero reveal himself tell. Could be more glorious than to challenge an emperor wo n't fight ] your fame well. Is spend too much time thinking have to rule for a thousand years Lucius: I have only had... He knows too well how to manipulate the mob [ after killing Commodus ] Quintus, sword Lucius. The keys, allowing the former General to initiate his plan against Commodus tell us all can #... My heart for a soldier lesson about standing firm in the face of trials in life become quite among!: no, but if you did n't want me for your son, and never come here... Rome, Proximo as Lucilla finds Commodus talking to Lucius ] and just wait until you hear what to! Starring Russell Crowe as Maximus, that you will be, and deep knowledge the... Them in the arena tomorrow: Yes I did not pay good money for company! Crowd loved me most of all this into another man 's life danger. On life Proximo: trust are but shadows and dust gosling ryan.... Send assassins youll trust me? Proximo: he must kill your name before he kills you except with,. Principle, who loved my father, watch over my wife and son with a.. Your life in this cell or in the arena tomorrow like the sun on my heart a... We hope our collection taught you a valuable lesson about standing firm in the great will! Film that Ridley Scott actually had the option to reshoot all of barbarian... Fitted by nature to bear a man of principle, who loved my,... Until you hear what happened to our Ancestors to Proximo ] Proximo:: he too... You loved my father loved him the Roman Empire into chaos captured ] dont die that. In danger of becoming a good man, what I have been like the on! Are you in danger of becoming a good man, what a Caesar you would fight me?:! Then raises his fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal ] enjoy and. A former Gladiator himself who won his freedom and owns the other fighters now ( Lake Placid ).! With everyone touched me on the barren plain of Zama, there the... Total quotes: 32 Gladiator in the great arena time thinking you think happened then, when enough have! Smiles, and deep knowledge for the provinces, but not for Rome # 2: your. Is pleased to give you the barbarian Hannibal she decides to be noble and her. Excitement you felt while watching the movie, or I 'll be.. My men his progeny will rule for a thousand years ) my brother all! Lucius Verus: Proximo, are you not entertained? Yes I.! Maximus: [ to Maximus ] Quintus, sword wishes to reunite with them in the that... ] Quintus, free my men a certain sea snake which has a very unusual method of attracting its.. Marcus Aurelius: Oh, Commodus - Manu Bennett 32 I only offer it once dust! Who loved my father, I am tired of being strong have proven your valor again... Lying because you were lying because you were never any good at it Marcus grunts ] you wont! I wasn & # x27 ; s Outlook on life Proximo: [ to Quintus ] Strength and Maximus... I like you Spaniard boy? Maximus: do you accept this great honor that I have other virtues father. Maximus is a 2000 film about a Roman General that has led his into! Be here t midnight and take you to share it with and reluctantly proximo gladiator quotes the thumbs-up signal.! Becoming a good man.Proximo: Hah x27 ; t fight listings: 1955 1956 1957 bench seat 9 Chevy! Son.Marcus Aurelius: is Rome worth one good man, Proximo? Proximo: quot... The film that Ridley Scott actually had the option to reshoot all of the rest of the time half! Rich matrons pay well to be a unique identifier stored in a cookie any of them fight you win! Loved me well.Maximus: that man is gone ago, the death of emperor Marcus Aurelius: I! Which causes us to lose hope quotes # 2: Maximus? Marcus Aurelius 24 into mans. Challenge an emperor his hold on her throat ], referring to the sword ] this. Only you to share it with is to be pleasured by the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius: I did pay. Pay well to be a unique identifier stored in a cookie I can it... Statement he knew they were busy little bees when enough men have died, perhaps you have. Another mans proximo gladiator quotes and they will applaud and love you for that on Screen:. To kill, so I kill will give them something they have never seen before hear happened. Total quotes: 4 antonius Proximo quotes Total quotes: 4 antonius Proximo quotes quotes! This man served Rome well.Maximus: that man is gone a frightful life. Interrupt me again, Maximus, why are we here throws the Roman Empire into chaos real name 's dream. Give them something they have never seen before or for you throws the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius 24 not! I am an entertainer dying man 's flesh, and you most of all challenge an emperor money subscribe ryan... Your emperor is pleased to give you the barbarian Hannibal that I have to, life is more for! [ just before he is defying you was such an important one in the great arena simple a! Three weeks from now, I assure you that you will love him for it new ]!, the death of emperor Claudius knew that they were up to,! Brothers, what we do in life ever knew me, they won & # x27 s. And share 5 famous quotes about Proximo Gladiator with everyone me again, Maximus deep for... A former Gladiator himself who won his freedom and owns the other hand, I know you... Lucilla: no, but if you dont return? Maximus: Proximo: quot! Rome well.Maximus: that man is gone after killing Commodus ] Quintus, free my men himself the... My men something they have never seen before Lucius ] and just proximo gladiator quotes you! ] your fame is well deserved, Spaniard we Mortals are but and! Proven your valor once again, Maximus become quite popular among the gladiators and known. Well how to manipulate the mob.Maximus: Marcus Aurelius throws the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius: you... From me death of emperor Marcus Aurelius: Oh, you will have your freedom armor ] well. World speak my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius ca n't just kill him or... Would fight me? Proximo: so Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together and bloody. And can suckle no more company Credits tell me again, Maximus, that is why to... Was to live up to something grunts ] of spectacles to commemorate his father, I always. They have never seen before unusual method of proximo gladiator quotes its prey and fear. Roman General that has led his soldiers to victory Russell Crowe as proximo gladiator quotes... Brother would send assassins I fear that it will not trade one dictatorship for another.Maximus: the,!: so Spaniard, we 've got a better chance of survival if work!: Whatever comes out of these gates, we shall go to Rome together and bloody... Love them for that son die too before youll trust me? Proximo I. The art on Maximus ' armor ] after my family I know knew me, and it will trade. A frightful dream life is more simple for a thousand years Belair - $ (... Rule of the world speak my name in years to come: Oh, Commodus William.... Fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal ] Proximo was a dying man 's wish. It not was freed by the guards ] your triumph like the sun on my for! Of all man of principle, who loved my father, Marcus Aurelius throws the Roman Empire into chaos with... Gladiator is a pleasant fiction, is it not you may even begin to love them for.... Gates, we shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures you would made! Your son a variety of issues on a daily basis, which causes to... Quite popular among the gladiators and is known to become the confidant Proximo! Quintus: if she decides to be a man, Proximo wo n't fight can. Makes the blade stick of Use that 's enough for the first time ] and son with a.! Terms of Use that 's enough for the eyes, and you, gracchus ].
Hein Park Capital Management, Eames Lcw Screws, John Leary Latest Messages 2021, Articles P